Connect with us

Philippe Coutinho

The back and forth regarding Philippe Coutinho’s future at Liverpool keeps getting stranger on a daily basis. We had earlier reported that the player only wants a move to Barcelona and was ready to snub joining his friend Neymar at Paris Saint-Germain but the Brazilian has now come out and stated that he is happy with his life at the moment.

Coutinho might not have played the last three games for us but the former Inter Milan player is expected to play against England on Wednesday in an international friendly.

While speaking to Sky Sports, Coutinho seemed happy and said:

“I’m playing in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

“I’m always happy. But now it’s important to concentrate on the national team. At the moment I am very happy with my life.”

Coutinho also gave a bit of an update on his injury and said that he wants to play against England.

“I’m 100% fit,” he continued. “I had an injury and I missed three matches but now I’m coming back and I’m 100% ready for this match.”

The 25-year-old also spoke about putting on the Brazil jersey and what it actually means to him.

“Wearing the yellow shirt is always a real honour. It will be an honour to play in this game. We’re expecting to put on a great show in this match.”

We can’t really take a lot out of what Coutinho has said as he didn’t explicitly say he wants to remain in England. Barcelona will come calling sooner or later, especially in January.

FSG won’t budge and we expect the La Liga side to throw some crazy money for the attacking midfielder in the winter window. However, we can hold our own given that we won’t have a quality replacement available in such a short period of time.

What could happen is that the Brazilian might be involved in a tug of war in the summer, post the World Cup, and we can ask for any price we want. Coutinho may not stay at Liverpool, and that seems to be the most likely conclusion so far but we have seen stranger things happen in football.

It would be a major blow to lose the Brazilian but if we play our cards right, Coutinho’s sale can lead to a number of quality players joining us and we might be able to get that ‘world-class central defender’ as well.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

ARTICLES

Jurgen Klopp dispels injury concern after surprise substitution against Southampton

Published

on

Xherdan Shaqiri

Xherdan Shaqiri started for Liverpool in the clash against Southampton and was instrumental in our a 3-0 lead at half-time.

His shot was turned into the net by Wesley Hoedt for our first goal and his free-kick was slotted into an open net by Mohamed Salah for our third.

It was a little surprising that Jurgen Klopp decided to take the Swiss star off at half-time and replace him with James Milner.

Shaqiri was our most impressive attacker on Saturday as he played an advanced role behind our front three.

However, Milner came onto the pitch and we played with three central midfielders, something Klopp has used to great effect throughout his time at Liverpool.

The German spoke to the club’s official website as he explained he wanted more control in the game and that’s why he took Shaqiri off.

“I said to Shaq at half-time that I had never brought a player off after such an influential time without an injury. He is not injured. But I wanted to control the game and go back to our normal formation. And that helped, we really controlled it.”

The manager further added that it was not easy to make the change, given how influential Shaqiri was in the first half.

Klopp did explain the change to Shaq but playing the Swiss star had an impact on our defence and that was a problem for the manager.

“The only problem was defensively. Offensively, it was a good idea but, how I said, we have to work on that more often. But he was good and I liked it.”

Read more: Shaqiri shines: Player ratings as Liverpool defeat Southampton 3-0

The 26-year-old had a fantastic game and it will be great to see him play more games if he can have the same sort of impact in the coming months.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Stats prove this Liverpool star is back to his best after win against Southampton

Published

on

Mohamed Salah

Mohamed Salah scored in the 3-0 win over Southampton but he could have gotten a few more too. The Egyptian was unlucky that a goal was called offside and also had a brilliant backheel just going wide of the post.

The former AS Roma forward hasn’t looked as sharp as he did last season but Sky Sports shared some stats that prove otherwise.

The forward is still some way off matching his 32 goals from last season in the Premier League but now, he has three to his name.

What will come as a major relief, however, is that the 25-year-old is getting into the right places to score. The forward was brilliant but that little bit of luck was missing when it came to his finishing.

He did score our third goal against the Saints as he reacted to Xherdan Shaqiri’s free-kick and that just proves he is hungry as ever to get on the scoresheet.

Fortunately for Liverpool, we have goals coming in from other positions too. Joel Matip got one yesterday, while we have also seen James Milner, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Georginio Wijnaldum score multiple times this season.

Liverpool and the Egyptian haven’t looked as sharp as they did last season but that is a good sign for the coming months.

Read more: “I’ll donate my ribs”, “He has 18 ribs” – Some Liverpool fans relieved star player doesn’t have major injury

The Reds are on top of the Premier League and once Salah starts banging the goals in, we should win games more comfortably.

Continue Reading

ARTICLES

Stat proves Liverpool have made Anfield a fortress as Liverpool beat Southampton 3-0

Published

on

Liverpool made it seven wins a row in all competitions on Saturday after beating Southampton 3-0. The Reds were barely troubled by the Saints as an own goal from Wesley Hoedt opened the scoring for us.

Joel Matip got the second before Mohamed Salah finished the scoring in the first half to keep us at the top of the Premier League.

The win saw us register our fourth clean sheet of the season but also brought up another stat regarding our domination of teams at Anfield.

Liverpool didn’t lose a single Premier League game at home last season and have continued that form in this campaign too.

The only concern for us has to be the draws at Anfield. Last season, we dropped a number of points despite taking the lead in games.

Everton and Tottenham were a couple of teams that pulled off draws at our home but this season has a different feel for the Reds.

This is the first time we have won our opening seven games in the history of the club. And we should break a few more records along the way.

Our next clash is in the Carabao Cup against Chelsea at Anfield and it will be interesting to see how it goes against our title rivals.

Read more: “Imperious performance”, “Already a better career than Charlie Adam” – Some Liverpool fans go crazy after brilliant first-half by summer signing

We face the Blues next weekend in a huge Premier League clash as well and hopefully, the Reds will come up with all three points at Stamford Bridge and continue our march.

Continue Reading

Trending