Big news coming in from Italy suggests that Emre Can’s future will be decided by Tuesday and Juventus could be the destination for the German talent if Liverpool and the Serie A champions can agree on a fee for the midfielder.
Tuttosport (via Turkish Football) claims that the Serie A champions have already spoken to the agent of the former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder and that Tuesday will be the big day as to what happens regarding the 23-year-old.
The source also adds that Juventus are willing to part with €25million for the 23-year-old but we are holding out for close to €35million for the German international. Juventus are making Can their priority signing ahead of the season but do not want to pay over the odds.
Can still has not agreed a new deal with us and with only 12 months remaining on his contract, we are desperate to hold onto him and have been in negotiations to sign a new deal.
The German is on an extended break after winning the Confederations Cup with the Germany and was expected to sign the deal which we have been talking about for a while. However, this entire situation is now getting out of hand and losing out on Can would be a major slip-up by our management.
Can is one of the brightest talents we have in the side and even if Juve are willing to pump in €35million for the 23-year-old, we should reject it. The German can play in a number of positions and was one of the best players we had last season, during the latter half of the campaign.
Liverpool expect Can to meet the rest of his teammates on Monday and after winning the Premier League Asia Trophy, it will be interesting to see if the German will stick around or not.
Moving to Juventus might give him more opportunities ahead of a World Cup year and with Naby Keita also rumoured to be joining us, despite RB Leipzig’s insistence on not selling him, Can would prefer moving to Italy.
However, there is always a risk when it comes to moving to a new country and maybe the German wouldn’t take the risk, given he has broken into the German side. Tuesday will be big for us and hopefully, Can will decide to stay rather than leave.