Some Liverpool fans react as Mohamed Salah seals win against Aston Villa
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah was the hero once again as the Reds defeated Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa 1-0 at Anfield.
The game against Aston Villa was set to be portrayed as Gerrard’s homecoming. While he was given a warm welcome, it was business as usual at kick-off. Villa and the referee both got to Liverpool’s nerves in what was a frustrating first half.
The Reds however kept going and were rewarded in the second half when Salah was brought down by Tyrone Mings. He made no mistake from the spot, handing the Reds the advantage on the night.
The penalty forced Villa to abandon their safety-first approach and venture out. Alisson Becker endured a few difficult moments but the Reds were able to see the game out.
In the end, three points were obtained on the night and it helps Liverpool keep in touch with Manchester City at the top of the table. For once, we do not mind Gerrard being on the losing side.
We take a look at how some fans reacted to the result on Twitter.
lucky win, these 3 points don’t count in my book
– JB (@CFC_JB_) December 11, 2021
When Ox was off, we have been in complete dominance for like 15mins at which Mo scored. Say a lot how poor and useless Ox has been.
– Ericccccccc (@Ericccccccc2) December 11, 2021
Good win, Gerrard is going to have an awesome managerial career
– Kyle (@SixTimesLFC) December 11, 2021
good on the 3 points, but we need to improve we’re so dry going forward
– Joeł (@DefoNotJoel) December 11, 2021
I’m ready to watch Minamino giving opportunity but don’t play Ox please
– Jupp Heynckes (@JuppppJupp) December 11, 2021
lucky win in my book
– Raffa (@rxffaell) December 11, 2021
More Liverpool News
- Transfer Update: Liverpool are interested in Atletico Madrid starlet Joao Felix
- Transfer Update: Liverpool are set to activate the €50 million release clause of Gavi
- Liverpool target Karim Adeyemi is closing to join Borussia Dortmund
Thank God my heart couldn’t handle those last few minutes
– Pierre (@LFCPierre) December 11, 2021